.
.

Monday, November 17, 2008

THERE I WAS

There i was, surrounded by people who were thirst by entertainment. For what I've seen and heard were beyond my expectation. Saturday night at One Utama Shopping Mall has open up my sight and mind about young people in this country especially Muslims. How their thirst and lust for entertainment have blinded their sight and reasoning. Oh my, I'm living with them. What am i thinking? Amazingly, among those crowded people, i hardly can find any chinese or indian people. Well, to defy their existence completely it would be impossible. Those crowded people majority were Malay and Muslims dressed up indecently far away from my expectation and perhaps yours too. Well, it was a bit shocking for me but not entirely. It was around 11 pm. The Fly FM mini concert was about to end. There was this music called "shuffle" i guess. I don't know how to spell this correctly. People were going crazy. They were dancing and shouting and they forgot who they are. and their existence in this world. There was this group of Muslim girls and some of them were wearing short skirt and they were dancing. Behind me i overheard some Muslims talking. One of them said this, "Wei ada arak dowh. Aku xtaw pon ada arak. Jom ah gi amek. Ada lagi tue." I turn back and they were leaving and my sight was focused to a nearby canopy which was serving liquor. It is prohibitted to serve liquor to Muslims and yet they were serving it to Muslims. What has happen to this country? What has happen to the Muslims in this country? Are we so cheap that we can sell our belief over something temporarily fun? What makes us different from others? Seeing this has made me terrified with the world I'm living. It is not just about us. Its about them, the future generation. Our son, our daughter and our grandchildren. Think about them living in this sick society. To blame someone over this would be unjust. This is our mistakes. We made this society as what it is now. Instead of blaming everybody, why not we make our own move. Change ourself, change our family and change who are closest to us. Rooted back to teaching of Islam, the Hadeeth of the Prophet SAW and the Holy Book of Al-Quran. Verily the Holy Prophet has said,"I left you two things. If you stick with those two you will not lost forever, Al-Quran and As-Sunnah."

Ponder this my friends,"Today is bright. Tomorrow might be bright but it will not be bright forever. Therefore prepare ourself with all that we have not for us but for them who will inherit from us."

No comments:

Post a Comment